Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Speaking Part 3

Speaking Part 3
Fan fiction of "Speak" by  L.H. Anderson, to whom " Speak" is owned.


Part 3

The usual, Kathy walks out. we walk in.

Kathy. Did you bring your drawing?
Me. Reaches onto my bag and pulls it out.  Hands it to her.
Kathy. Wow you are an amazing artist, have you thought about this as a profession?
Me. Shrug
Kathy. You should you are very talented.

She looks over the drawing intently, I gawk out the window hoping not to have to answer questions.
Kathy. Can you tell me what this is of
Me.
Kathy. You don't have to but I would love to know what inspired the emotion in this piece
Me.(amazed she is so clueless of IT, am I the only one who can see IT written all over the page?)
Kathy.
Me. It's of IT.
Kathy. It being?... The night you were raped?
Me.
Kathy. It's alright we don't have to talk about that until your ready.  It's nice to hear you though and it was very brave of you to bring this in.  What would you like to talk about.
Me. Shrugs
Kathy. Would you like to talk about it?
Me. Shrugs, swallow hard
Kathy. Here, I'll give you an easy question.  Do you remember what you were wearing.
Me. Nods 

I close my eyes.  Pink shirt new skirt, why did I wear that? I must of been asking for it, not even wearing shorts underneath.  I see him, IT, him before IT.  How could I be so stupid.  He was paying way too much attention to me, I should have known he was after something else.

Kathy. Wait there
Me. My eyes fly open I forgot she was even there.  I forgot I was even talking out loud.

I try to take the words back stuffing them back in swallowing them down, it's no use they made it into her ear already.  I stand up and take up my backpack.  My legs are moving without my control.  I walk home, just like on that night.

Home

Mom. Hey Melinda your back early
Me.

She's been extra nice since she heard about it.  My opening up on that last day of school lasted, actually no it never lasted .  I retreat to my room and under my covers in my small safe tent.
I can't believe I said that.  I can't believe I said that.

Stay tuned for part four!

No comments:

Post a Comment