Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Frozen

Another poem.  I'm thinking about reading this one to my therapist but I'm not sure, it's a really scary thought for me.

Frozen

I feel like I'm frozen
Seven-year-old chosen
Favorite of Him
Victim

I never grew up
Just painted this phycological makeup
Hoped to get rid of the fear
Now, I'm in my sixteenth year

My memories
They're stories
I don't own them but nobody told them
Coming from my head but I can't feel them

The shame
Responsibility I claim
I could of said done tried more
But I stayed silent to endure

Would they have believed
What he has thieved
Or denied
Called it lies

Now I'm older
But still carrying this bolder
Letting it out
That's what they say its about

What happens if I tell
On it they dwell 
Tell, Secret suddenly
Everyone knows, they see ME

A me broken 
Never out spoken
Dreamer lost
Disposed of tossed

Could they really assist
Or would the truth twist
Bend flexed into a more believable lie
One that doesn't make em cry

When they hear what they want to hear
contorted to a burden they can bare
 No, they might listen to what I say
I need healing I don't care for him to pay

I would wish to forget
But I still feel the threat
I do rather remember it
I have to admit

So now I have told
To others please withhold
They don't need to know
This one request to me you owe

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment