Monday, September 9, 2013

Dumb

Dumb

I must be dumb
I was not prepared for this outcome
I was not ready to see the text staring back at me
A knotted vine to unravel from the tree
A maze lost and bewildered
Met with anticipation and I shivered
It's too hard I forced myself down
I burry myself so deep I drown
Loss of hope I feel I must be my best
But I can always be a little better I take away rest
The nights grow frightening
The clouds shot down lightning
And I'm still striving for perfection
I'm to hard on myself take to heart every correction
Top notch I can do more than I think
Until on day I'm overloaded and I sink
I fear good enough
I mock it and at it I scuff
I get caught up in attempts to improve
My soul and purpose the attempts remove
I am no longer a girl but a shell
But all others see is me excel
Inside I fall
But others witness me rise up tall
Your eyes deceive
No longer can I believe


No comments:

Post a Comment